10.12.2007

Blogs...Read This: A PPT and Top Blogs

So in the past few days I've added about 10 more RSS feeds to the list. Most are design and planning/culture-oriented. Yay for ideas!

Also, I was reading through Aki Spicer and Ed Cotton's ppt, "Blogging the Agency" and found the tips to be really helpful. As a hopeful junior planner/strategist (read: NOT yet snapped up by an agency/communications group), I'm trying to hone this blogging thing. It's no easy task, given the onslaught of information I'm shown every day, every minute. Of-course, I like having all of this 'stuff' at my fingertips, even if it gives me a headache to read through at times.

Now I just found myself on Heron Preston's blog (by way of searching for specific NYC strategists on LinkedIn - gotta love creative web stalking!) and found a great list of the top young planner blogs. Advertising's Young Minds gives us The Top 27 Blogs of People Under 27. I already subscribe to a few of these, but now I must busy myself with adding the other 25...

This all shows me I need to step up my game. But, I suppose my game would be a lot better if I was actually working in planning/communication strategy - I'd be forced to integrate my own interests with work experiences. Well, until then, I'll just pretend I'm a junior thinker at some shop and continue to work at adding to the blogosphere.

(Please note Daniel's (from Advertising's Young Minds) ranking criteria - he is not calling it a "best of" list. So when reading the comments below his list, take it all with a grain of salt. One point Aki and Ed point out is that there's a tendency for bloggers to toot their own horns and blogging is an ego-booster. I agree, so keep in mind that blogging is not a popularity contest. It's about contributing to your like-minded community, sharing ideas, and finding inspiration from within yourself and others.)

No comments: